Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Ask someone who lives here.

Dalton Realty is an independent, locally owned office. The owners of Dalton Realty, as well as a number of our agents, are third-generation Whidbey Residents. Most of our agents have lived here twenty years or more. Our commitment is to provide professional quality service to the residents of our community who are planning a change, and to those who want to make Whidbey Island their home. We like living here, we know that we provide a valuable service, and we strive to reflect the image of Whidbey Island living.

Government Offices

Whidbey has three unincorporated population centers, Clinton, Freeland,and Greenbank, and three incorporated towns, Langley, Coupeville, and Oak Harbor.

Island County offices are open Monday through Friday. You're likely to get an answering machine for most departments. Leave a message; they'll call back.

The links below are for the government entities on Whidbey that maintain websites.

Power & Gas

Power is the easiest utility to order here, because just one company services the entire island: Puget Sound Energy.

PSE also manages the natural gas main to Oak Harbor. A lot of us like to cook with gas, but live outside of Oak Harbor. We manage with propane tanks and scheduled deliveries.

Here's a bit of information that you might find helpful: If you lease propane tanks, you'll be married to the provider. Other vendors will be prohibited from filling the tanks. If you purchase your own equipment, you'll be able to buy propane from anyone who sells it.


In this case, "Wastewater" is a polite way of saying "Sewer." We have four of them on Whidbey, in Oak Harbor, Coupeville, Langley, and the Holmes Harbor Golf and Yacht Club. If you're purchasing a Holmes Harbor home, you can connect to the sewer district by calling them at (360) 331-4636. The municipal systems have web pages, listed below.


Clinton, Langley, Coupeville, and Oak Harbor operate public water systems. Our public water systems are listed below. If you're moving to the island, your Dalton real estate professional will tell you whom to contact for your water hook-up.

The rest of the water on Whidbey comes from community or private wells. (A well requires a 100 ft radius circle of undeveloped land, so you won't find a private well on a small parcel.) Use the link below for information about community wells and drinking water. Enter the name of a water system. If the name seems right, it probably is (Scatchet Head, Deer Lake, Beverly Beach).